Thursday, January 8, 2015

MIX IT UP!


TUTORIAL + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN

TUTORIAL + PHOTOGRAPHY BY AMY NADINE, GRAPHIC DESIGN BY EUNICE CHUN



Every day, depending on my mood, I change the way I line my eyes; and in doing so, it slightly changes how the shape appears! Here’s the deal — you can keep your true shape by lining the upper lashline making sure the line has the same width from corner to corner. For most of us, it rounds out the eye like an arc. If I want the shape to appear a little more almond-like (a little longer and less rounded), I go back and thicken the outer corners. Or if I want to really elongate the eye, I extend the line out and up into a cat eye. There’s so much we can do to play with our eye shape, this is just the beginning! But it’s a great place to start.


TOOLS:


TBDPlayingwithEyeShapeSTEPS


ROUNDED: Just line your upper lashline with the same thickness from corner to corner. You’ll notice it accentuates the roundness of the eye, making the outer corner appear to “droop” downwards a little. It’s still a very pretty look and I do it on myself all the time because it’s the natural shape of my eye and I love my eyes!


ALMOND: Now go back over the line you just drew by starting in the middle and building the thickness as you reach the outer corner. This makes the eyes appear more “open” and “awake” and hides the roundness a little as it makes them appear more almond-shaped.


ELONGATED: Extend the line by winging it out and up towards the end of your brow. This makes your eyes appear longer and (obviously) more stylized.


TBDPlayingwithEyeShapeCLOSE


TBDPlayingwithEyeShapeFINAL


How do you play with your eye shape? Do you have a favorite or are you like me and line depending on your mood? I’d love to know!! I can do another tutorial incorporating the lower lashline and the many ways to add it and how it changes the shape as well!


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Related posts:



This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.






from The Beauty Department: Your Daily Dose of Pretty. http://ift.tt/1tN28HZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...