Friday, June 30, 2017

My Seven Favorite Podcasts: Summer 2017

My 7 Favorite Podcasts: the 7 podcasts I am currently subscribed to and loving | Beauty Bets

The thing I love about podcasts is their ability to take time that you might have otherwise wasted and transform it into time for you to learn something new, get up-to-speed on current events, or uncover a beautiful story. My favorite time to listen to a podcast is in the morning, when I’m doing my makeup and getting ready for the day. It gives me a solid 20-30 minutes of relaxed listening, instead of just silence or a playlist I’ve already heard 100 times. I also like listening to them when I’m walking the dog, or walking across town for a meeting. And the car? Oh man, long car rides are so enjoyable now that I’ve discovered podcasts. I almost rub my hands together in excited anticipation of any car ride where I know I might manage to get an entire series under my belt. 8, 10, 12 hours in the car? Sign me up.

Whether you feel like you’ve listened to every podcast out there, or you’ve never even opened up the Podcast app on your phone, I hope you’ll find this little list of my current favorites helpful and inspiring. —Dani

UP FIRST – NPR’s Up First is the news you need to start your day. The biggest stories and ideas — from politics to pop culture — in 10 minutes. Hosted by Rachel Martin, David Greene and Steve Inskeep, with reporting and analysis from NPR News. Available weekdays by 6 a.m. ET. Subscribe and listen, then support your local NPR station at donate.npr.org.

HEALERS – As a dedicated podcast listener, I was through-the-roof excited when Bets told me she was thinking of starting one. I’ve been her fan club president since day one (not really, but maybe we should start one?) and I’ve listened to every episode of HEALERS. It didn’t take long for it to become one of my favorite podcasts. I love that HEALERS pushed me outside of my comfort zone with some topics (psychics? please. poop? can we not?!) and that no matter how skeptical or uncomfortable I was about the topic, I always ended each episode feeling more open to new things. HEALERS was a genre of podcast that I hadn’t even ventured into yet (the health, wellness, spirituality niche), but it fit in beautifully with my current list of favorite podcasts. Season 2 launches July 17, so now is a great time to get caught up or re-listen to Season 1!

74 SECONDS – 74 Seconds tells the story of a July 2016 traffic stop that ended with the world watching a man die, live on their phones. This is the story of that man, Philando Castile, and the officer who is about to go on trial for his death, Jeronimo Yanez. Through comprehensive reporting, MPR News examines this intersection of race, policing, justice and safety in America. A lot can happen in 74 seconds.

S-TOWN – S-Town is a new podcast from Serial and This American Life, hosted by Brian Reed, about a man named John who despises his Alabama town and decides to do something about it. He asks Brian to investigate the son of a wealthy family who’s allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But when someone else ends up dead, the search for the truth leads to a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man’s life.

GOAL DIGGER – Jenna Kutcher hosts the live-workshop style business podcast for creative girl bosses, so you can train from the experts how to dig in, do the work, and tackle your biggest goals along the way.

THE LIVELY SHOW – The Lively show is a weekly podcast designed to uplift, inspire, and add a little extra intention to your everyday. Episodes touch on various aspects of our lives including possessions, personal habits, relationships, and career. Entrepreneurship and online business also appear from time to time.

BEING BOSS – Being boss is owning who you are and making things happen. Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon believe in building a business you love, making bank, and being unapologetically who you are 100% of the time. They have a combined experience and expertise in branding and coaching small online businesses to be more boss in work and life by focusing on “boss” mindsets, habits & routines, tools, tactics & strategies, blended with a little bit of hustle. (Bonus: Elizabeth is featured on Episode #123 and it’s amazing!)

Got a favorite podcast? Please tell us about it in the comments! Background photo by Alice Moore on Unsplash.

THESE HAPPENED, TOO

Let's block ads! (Why?)



from beautybets.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...